If you are interested in science-fiction games, especially ones with the space theme, you would come to like Mass Effect 2. The second installment in the Mass Effect series not only features a fantastic story but also incorporates addictive gameplay. Moreover, it’s noteworthy that while the base game is good, the addition of downloadable content (DLC) makes Mass Effect 2 even more interesting to play. Still, with Steam users having trouble unlocking the DLC, Mass Effect 2 DLC unlocker Steam becomes the topic of many complaints about the game.
Unlocking Mass Effect 2 DLC: Breakdown
In the past, Mass Effect 2’s DLCs could only be purchased through Origin by spending Bioware points. Nowadays, if players run the game with DLCs on Steam, it will sometimes fail to verify the DLCs. Many users have reported that the issue is the result of logging in from within the game as that reset the manual activation. Others believe that the buggy Digital Rights Management (DRM) system is responsible for everything.
What Must Be Done
Bioware, the developers of Mass Effect 2, shut their website down years ago. Thus, when Steam users run into errors while unlocking DLCs, they have to come up with solutions by themselves. On the bright side, once it comes to Mass Effect 2 DLC unlocker Steam, there is a simple procedure that you could try out.
- Step 1: Download the DLC from EA’s site to the directory of the game.
- Step 2: Run the installers of all DLCs.
- Step 3: Run the executable file ME2Game.exe.
- Step 4: In the opening screen, go to Extra, select Options and choose Online.
- Step 5: Set everything in Online as “No”.
- Step 6: Exit.
- Step 7: Run the executable file giveme2entitlements_v2.exe.
- Step 8: Run the game like normal.
*Note: You have to repeat the process every time you install a new DLC or patch.
Mass Effect 2’s DLCs
Bioware has supplied Mass Effect with a wide range of DLCs from weapons, new characters to new missions. Moreover, the developers divide these DLCs into two types, free ones (obtained via Cerberus Network) and paid ones.
Cerberus Network DLCs
There are a total of 5 DLCs that players can claim for free from the Cerberus Network:
- The first DLC is Zaeed – The Price of Revenge. The DLC contains Zaeed Massani (a new character for Shepard’s squad), a new set of missions for Zaeed, a new achievement and a new heavy weapon.
- The second DLC is Normandy Crash Site and it allows players to explore the SSV Normandy’s crash site.
- The third DLC is Firewalker Pack which grants players 5 brand new missions and the Hammerhead hover tank.
- The fourth and fifth DLCs are Cerberus Weapon and Armor and Arc Projector. Both DLCs introduce multiple new armors as well as additional weapons.
10 DLCs will be available for players who are willing to pay for new content.
- Aegis Pack and Firepower Pack feature various new weapons while Equalizer Pack provides 3 new pieces of equipment to the player’s armor locker.
- There will be 2 Alternate Appearance Packs that add new skins for playable characters.
- Two DLCs also add new missions: Kasumi – Stolen Memory and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Interestingly, Kasumi – Stolen Memory comes with a new character and the Locust submachine gun as well.
- The remaining DLCs are Arrival and Mass Effect: Genesis. They let players explore connections between Mass Effect 2 and its sequel/prequel.
Is it necessary to play Mass Effect 1 before Mass Effect 2?
It’s best to complete Mass Effect 1 before stepping into Mass Effect 2. Story plays a key role in the Mass Effect series so you will miss out on various things by playing Mass Effect 2 first.
Is Mass Effect 2 a real-world game?
No, Mass Effect 2 possesses linear levels and this applies to the entire trilogy as well.
What are the system requirements for Mass Effect 2?
To run Mass Effect 2 smoothly, your PC should meet these requirements:
- OS: Windows XP 32-bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+
- Graphics: AMD Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
- RAM: 1 GB
- HDD: 15 GB
- DirectX 9 Compatible Graphics Card
Is Mass Effect 2 a long game?
Overall, the time it takes to finish Mass Effect 2 depends on your abilities as well as your interests in non-story missions. The average playthrough of Mass Effect 2 lasts anywhere between 25 and 50 hours.
Which sniper rifle is the best in Mass Effect 2?
M-98 Widow is by all accounts the king of sniper rifles in Mass Effect 2. Even though M-98 Widow must be reloaded following each shot, you likely do not need a second shot to kill an enemy. It’s worth pointing out that shields and biotics are no match for M-98 Widow.
Tips And Tricks
- Each of the decisions you made influence various aspects of the game such as relationship, story, mission and so much more. Therefore, getting to know the result of your decision is essential since their impacts might be positive or negative. Feel free to play it safe and save as frequently as possible in case you mess up.
- While Mass Effect 1 permits players to select Charm or Intimidate by spending Morality points, that mechanic of Mass Effect 2 has changed. Paragon and Renegade points are two things that decide whether you can choose Charm or Intimidate.
- If you get attacked from nowhere, cannot spot the enemies or lose sight of a foe, it is wise to open the Weapon or Power Wheel. By doing so, time is stopped and that gives you the chance to locate enemies’ positions. Sometimes, you could even place the crosshair at enemies but remember that while one of the two wheels is opened, the camera cannot move.