Gmod or Garry’s Mod is one of the best games in terms of playability as it still can deliver hours of entertainment despite its age. Once it comes to multiplayer, Gmod players could create their own servers or join existing servers and enjoy themselves. However, like other games that support multiplayer, Gmod and its servers could act up on occasions. Read the end to learn everything about Gmod “server is not responding”.
Gmod Server Not Responding: Causes
Gmod “server is not responding” is an issue that Gmod players come across from time to time. Many explanations exist and they include port forwarding, IP connection, router, Steam, … On the bright side, if people know what must be done, they could establish connection to Gmod servers in mere moments.
How To Connect To The Server
Restart And Update The Router
Since the issue could be caused by routers, it is a good idea to restart your router. While it sounds simple, restart excels at taking care of hiccups. Furthermore, see if your router uses the latest firmware for its model. Head over to the router’s settings, search for an update then download and install it.
Make Use Of Console Command
- Step 1: Launch Gmod and open the console by pressing the button “~”
- Step 2: Run the command sv_cheats 0
- Step 3: Run the command sv_lan 0
- Step 4: Run the command heartbeat
- Step 5: Close console command
*Note: It might take hours for things to return to normal so be patient.
- Step 1: Launch Gmod and open console command by pressing the button “~”
- Step 2: Run the command connect 18.104.22.168:27015
- Step 3: Wait and see if the server responds
*Note: the number string behind connect in step 2 could change based on the host.
Think About Port Forwarding
Not many gamers could wrap their fingers around port forwarding but it affects many aspects of server connection. Therefore, regarding Gmod “server is not responding”, you should give port forwarding some thought.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type CMD and hit Enter to open Command Prompt
- Step 3: Run the command ipconfig
- Step 4: Find the IP address in the default gateway and note it down
- Step 5: Launch your web browser, enter IP address on the address bar and press enter
- Step 6: Identify the Port Range Forwarding tab to input the ports
- Step 7: Type in one of these two-points port:
UDP 1200 1200
UDP 26901 26901 (this port can get the server to show up on master server list)
UDP 27000 27015
TCP 27020 27039
UDP 27015 27015
UDP 27020 27020
TCP 27015 27015
*Note: if you run into a username and password prompt, just type admin in both of them.
Can I play Garry’s Mod on mobile?
The answer is no. However, if you want to find a similar game, there is one called Abalone developed by Abalone. Even though it is a mobile game, various interesting features like leaderboards, achievements, trades, challenges, etc. are available.
On which platform can I play Garry’s Mod?
The game is available on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Are there any ways to run Garry’s Mod on consoles?
Yes, the game can be run on Xbox by using GeForce Now. However, it is still impossible to play the game on Playstation.
How can I kick someone in Garry’s Mod?
In the benign, open the console command by pressing the ~ button. Afterward, type /kick followed by the name of the player you want to kick. Last but not least, hit Enter and that player is gone.
Is it possible to play Garry’s Mod with a controller?
The game does not support controllers since the game controls rely on keyboards.
How large is Garry’s Mod?
The game’s file size should take up 4-5GB in your storage. However, the file size will increase based on the add-ons or server content that you participated in.
Who is currently the player with the most hours in Garry’s Mod?
A player with Steam ID 999 has played Garry’s Mod for 87,854 hours. In second place is palisan who has already played 67,112 hours.
Is Garry’s Mod an 18+-rated game?
The answer depends on how you play the game. There are mods and servers that make Garry’s Mod a 18+ game. On the other hand, the base game is suitable for players around the age of 12.
What are the commands for emotes in Garry’s Mod?
Here is the list of the commands to perform emotes:
- “act laugh”
- “act agree”
- “act disagree”
- “act salute”
- “act wave”
- “act dance”
- “acte zombie”
- “act muscle”
- “act bow”
- “act cheer”
- “act wave”
- “act becon”
- “act pers”
- “act forward”
- “act group”
- “act halt”
- “act robot”
It is also possible to combine “act..” with “bind…”, for example, bind o “act bow”.
Tips And Tricks
- If you want to see through walls like Superman, you only need to open the console command and type in r_drawothermodels 2.
- In the case that you don’t need HUD, you can hide it by running the command cl_drawhud 0 in the console. To get HUD back, run the command cl_drawhud 1 in the console.
- There are two hidden weapons in the game, Alyxgun and Annabelle. Even though they appear as secret guns, there is no need to do much to get them. For the Alyxgun, you will have to type give weapon_alyxgun into the console command while the line give weapon_annabelle will grant you access to Annabelle.
- If you find a DarkRP server, then do not hesitate to try it. This game mode is either frustrating or contains hours of fun based on the players on the server. So, if you are lucky, you are likely to have one of the best gaming moments.
- Prison Break is a fun game mode that you should try with your favourite community server.
- Do not tell anyone your age especially if you are under 18. Also, do not use voice chat if you are young or you will be trolled as it is surely not a pleasant experience.